Showing all 19 results
The high-torque synchronous motors EM and iEM series open up new opportunities for designers of modern complex systems and industry solutions to move from a cumbersome and inefficient geared motor system to a compact and efficient direct drive (without gearbox).
The main characteristic for traction motors and power servos is torque, not power.
The key advantage of synchronous electric motors over asynchronous motors is constant torque throughout the entire operating speed range (from zero to nominal):
Mnom – rated torque (in S1 mode), N x m
Mmax – maximum torque (in S2 mode), N x m
Pnom – rated power (in S1 mode), kW
Pmax – maximum power (in S2 mode), kW
N – rated speed, rpm
The key characteristic used to correctly compare traction motors and power servo drives is the specific torque. Specific torque is defined as the torque per unit of mass or volume of the electric motor: N x m/kg or N x m/cm³. Moreover, the higher the specific torque, the more compact and lighter the electric drive.
The specific torque of EM and iEM series synchronous electric motors is 5-10 times higher than that of asynchronous and collector motors of similar power! Such a high torque of EM / iEM electric motors allows either to significantly reduce the reduction ratio, or to completely dispense with a mechanical gearbox!
Thanks to patented technologies, synchronous electric motors of the EM / iEM series are 2-5 times more compact and lighter than other synchronous (including “valve”) and collector motors with the same torque!
Important advantages of the iEM series synchronous motors:
- modularity for duplication and scaling of the electric drive in terms of power and torque;
- precise control of rotation and power characteristics in the entire operating speed range;
- versions with air and liquid cooling;
- improved versions with a record specific torque;
- small magnetic “sticking” of the rotor;
- composite stator and rotor;
- high efficiency – up to 95%.
Key advantages of the EM series synchronous motors:
- record efficiency in both motor and generator modes – up to 98.5%!
- versions with an external rotor (rotating body);
- complete absence of magnetic “sticking”;
- high mechanical strength of the electric motor due to the composite reinforced stator CCSC-3